Welcome to my website!
- Feeling depressed, sad, low, hopeless, helpless, and don’t understand why or what to change the way you feel
- Feeling anxious or fearful
- Feeling you have no purpose or direction in your life and feel lost
- Having suicidal thoughts or want to harm yourself
- Going through a personal or professional transition, such as career change, moving to a new area or country, etc.
- Feeling stressed due to work, school, family or financial problems and your daily life has become a burden to you
- Now or in the past a victim of abuse, whether physical, emotional, or mental
- Having difficulties in controlling yourself, and say or do things you regret later
- Suffering from having lost someone close to you such as your partner, family members, or a good friend, and feel you cannot go on with your life
- Arguing with your partner and almost never reaching an efficient compromise
- In the process of ending a relationship or divorcing
If you are experiencing any of these difficulties, I encourage you to seek professional help.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor working in Richmond, the Greater Vancouver area since 2008. I have helped thousands of satisfied clients so far. I specialize in Anxiety, Panic Attack, Depression, Stress, Life/Career Transitions, Low Self-Esteem, Personal Growth, Love/Relationships Issues, Marital/Premarital Counselling, Parenting, and Family Issues.
Individuals, couples, and families are all welcome.
Helping People Overcome Anxiety, Depression & Love/Relationships Difficulties
If you are suffering from anxiety, you are not alone. Anxiety is common among children, youth, and adults. About 10% people are suffering from anxiety and 1 in 4 of us will experience anxiety at some point in our lives.
All of us experience anxiety from time to time. When we are experiencing anxiety, we tend to feel fearful, worried, tense, scared, apprehensive, frightened, or “freaked out”.
In our mind, we are more likely to think about things related to real or potential sources of danger, like:
- Something bad happening to self or someone else like family members
- Having frightening thoughts, images, urges or memories
- Having trouble to make decisions
- Difficulty concentrating on things not related to the source of danger
- Having frightening dreams or nightmares
Many of us have the experience of feeling depressed, blue, or down at some time in our life. Usually these feelings only last for a few days and they gradually disappear on their own. But sometimes, these feelings just won't go away quickly. They may last for weeks or months and begin to interfere with our work, family, and other aspects of life.
Sometimes depression does not show itself as sadness, but as numbness or emptiness.
- Symptoms of depression include:
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyable activities
- Loss of energy, feeling fatigued
- Loss of appetite and weight loss or increased appetite and weight gain
- Insomnia or oversleeping
- Slowed movements or agitation or restlessness
- Difficulty concentrating or making decisions
- Depressed mood
- Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- Thoughts of hopelessness or suicide
Depression can impact many areas of our life including our emotions, thoughts, bodily responses, and behaviours.
We all want to love or to be loved. Unhappy relationships not only impact our emotional well-being, but also degrade our physical health. Research by Lois Verbrugge and James House found that living with an unhappy marriage increases your chances of getting sick by roughly 35%.They also found that living in an unhappy relationship can reduce your life by an average of 4 to 8 years.
Good relationships tend to boost our health. Happily married couples are usually more health-conscious than their unhappily married people, partly because they care more about each other and remind of each other to eat nutritious food and have regular medical checkups. Happily married people's immune systems tend to get stronger and so they are better able to fight off illnesses and avoid disease.
Relationship or marriage counselling can help people to recognize and learn better ways to care for and nourish their love relationships. Timing is a critical factor in the effectiveness of marriage and relationship counseling.
What Do Previous Clients Say about Their Counselling Experience?
I have helped thousands of satisfied clients in my practice. These are their words.
"Jun has given me my life back. I am so grateful and I feel like I can go out into the world knowing I will succeed!"
"My experience with Jun was very good. She was very professional, knowledgeable & set good safe boundaries for my daughter and I during our sessions."
"Jun’s appointments have added structure and support for me. Her analogies are really helpful. I don’t know where I would be without her. Thank you Jun."
"Jun has helped me to realize a lot about myself and my relationships. If not for her I may still be in the really depressed state I was in when I first saw her. I feel armed to cope with life now. Jun is a wonderful person."
"Through the counseling process, Jun helped me realize what the problem was and helped me to regain self-esteem and believe in life again. I must say though, I saw two other counselors during the first few visits and they helped me to calm down from my anxiety but it was nothing like the investigation and guidance Jun provided. In fact, Jun helped me discover and face the fear in life I had accumulating since I was a child. I’m so glad I have the chance to meet Jun who held my hands and helped me stand up to life and embrace it."
"Thank-you for helping me find myself and see things clearly!"
Life is beautiful. Don’t let stress, anxiety, depression, or any other emotional pains get in your way. Research shows that people who are happy can live 8-10 years longer than people who are not, and enjoy those years more.
Why suffer when help is available? I believe everyone deserves a happy life. Let me be the one who can help you make the change you want.
I offer a free 15-minute phone consultation in English and in Mandarin (Chinese).
My office is located in Richmond, BC, Canada and serves the Greater Vancouver area, including Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Vancouver, Ladner, Delta, and Surrey.